Go to any file that you wish to manage. Tap the context menu for that file. You need to swipe left to see all the actions you can perform. The contextual actions on files include:
- Check out: Allows you to check out a file from SharePoint.
- Check in: If you have checked out a file, this menu item allows you to check it in. A checked out file has the icon.
- Discard Check out: The file is no longer checked out and any changes are not saved.
- Open in: Open the file in a third party app (can be prohibited by IT policy). You can choose to open files in third party apps depending on the MIME type of the file, and if you have an app capable of reading that MIME type. For example, use Adobe Reader for Android to open PDF files. You may choose to use third party apps if the MIME type is not supported natively within the Syncplicity app or if you prefer using a specific third party app.
- Favorite: Sync your files to your device for offline access.
- Rename: Renames a file.
- Delete: Deletes the file permanently.
The following screenshot is an example of the file menu with Check Out.
The following screenshot is an example of the file menu with Check in.
In addition, tapping the file opens it in the Syncplicity app. You can also open and edit Microsoft Office documents in the Syncplicity app as described in the Creating and editing Microsoft Office files article.