If you wish to have users’ Syncplicity mobile accounts prepopulated with SharePoint sites, you need to add SharePoint bookmarks to group policies.
If you do not wish to prepopulate users’ accounts with SharePoint bookmarks, you can communicate the SharePoint URL to individual users and they can then add the site to their own devices. If using multiple Connectors, make sure they are informed about which Connector to use.
- Under the Admin menu, click policies.
- In the Policy Sets tab, select the group policy you wish to update.
- Expand Panorama.
- Expand SharePoint.
- Check the Connectors that you wish to authorize for this policy. These are the Connectors that access the SharePoint URLs that you wish to bookmark.
- Click Select bookmark to manage the bookmarks for a specific Connector.
- In the Select Bookmarks pop-up, check the box next to any existing bookmark to add it to the policy.
- To create a new bookmark for the policy, click Add Bookmark then enter an appropriate name for the network share in Display Name; for example, Sales Brochures or Corporate Communications. In SharePoint Site URL, enter the path to the SharePoint site share; for example, http://intranet.contoso.com/promos.
- When finished, click Done.
- Repeat the previous steps to manage the bookmarks for each Connector.
- When done, click Save at the bottom of the Manage Policy Set page.
In this page, you can also expand each Connector to view the bookmarks. You can edit and delete bookmarks. These actions do not affect the Connector or SharePoint sites, but it does remove the bookmarks from the Syncplicity mobile devices.
You can authorize or unauthorize Connectors. If authorized, mobile users see the bookmarks associated with that Connector and can use the Add Site feature to add SharePoint sites accessible by that Connector. If unauthorized, the SharePoint sites accessed by the Connector are no longer available to the mobile users.