The following are Syncplicity roles for users:
- Global Administrator
- Support Administrator
- eDiscovery Administrator
The Syncplicity account owner has the Global Administrator role. Users with this role can select the roles of other users when adding or editing users' accounts.
The Global Administrator role has access to all Syncplicity administrator functions from the administrator console. For the Enterprise Edition, this includes access to on-premises storage and connector configuration settings.
The Support Administrator role has limited access. Users with this role perform user provisioning and user account management. The Support Administrator role can do the following from the administrator console:
- Access storage reports and last login by user report.
- Manage user accounts on a limited basis.
- Perform device and folder management the same as Global Administrator.
The Support Administrator role cannot:
- Add seats or storage.
- Create user accounts with an administrator role, change the role of a user, impersonate a user or delete an account.
The eDiscovery Administrator role has read-only access to reports, user accounts, devices and folders. For more information on eDiscovery Administrator and eDiscovery features, see About eDiscovery and Syncplicity.
Support and eDiscovery administrators are subject to the following restrictions if configured:
- Administrator password complexity.
- IP address range-based access to the administrator console.
- Access to users only in those groups specified by the Global Administrator.
The User role does not have access to any administrator functions.
Although users with the Global Administrator role can assign and change roles of other users, the role of the Syncplicity account owner cannot be changed. Instead, the Global Administrator first must change the account owner to another existing Global Administrator, which is described in Account owner, and then change the former account owner’s role.