Managing folders is very similar in both SharePoint and network shares. However, the repositories have the following differences:
- A SharePoint site can contain subsites, document libraries, folders, subfolders and files.
- A network share can contain folders, subfolders and files.
Once you log in to your repository, you are presented with a list of folders and files. You can tap a folder to see its contents and navigate through the folders and files as you would with the folders and files in your Syncplicity account. Refer to the Navigating folders article for more information.
You can also filter, sort and search the folders and files as you would with the folders and files in your Syncplicity account, as described in the Filtering and searching article. However, you can only filter by name.
In the list of folders and files, tap the menu icon () next to any folder to view the actions you can take on that folder. You may not be able to perform all actions depending on your access permission. For example:
For top-level folders in SharePoint only, you can perform these actions:
- Favorite: Sync your folders to your device for offline access. See the Working with favorites article for more information on the Favorites
- Add: Add new content. This includes the following options: upload photos and videos, upload a file, create a folder, capture a photo or video, and record audio. You can upload a photo, video or file from your device, and you can upload files managed by other apps to a folder in your Syncplicity account.
For top-level folders in network shares and subfolders in either repository, you can add new content and favorite perform the add and favorite actions as well as:
- Rename: Change the name of the folder.
- Delete: Delete a folder. The folder is permanently deleted from the site.