The following lists recent updates to the Syncplicity desktop client for Mac OS.
You may also want to take a look at:
Mac Client 5.0.1
- Added support for Mac client mapping of SyncDrive folders as regular synced folders
- Added ability to include folder paths for exclusion from syncing when silently installing the Mac client
- Now Administrators can ensure that specific sub-folder trees can be prevented from syncing when part of a parent folder that is assigned to be synced (see Documentation)
- Added localization for French and Italian
- Bug fixes including: Fixed issue where shared link recipient lookup was slow for company accounts with very large numbers of users (200k+)
- Shared link recipient group lookup has been removed, but it is still possible to share a link with a group by entering the exact group name
Mac Client 4.5.1
- Bug fixes
Mac Client 4.5.0
- Added support for PrivacyRegions
- Consolidated new folder notifications in UI to prevent multiple popup dialogs from appearing
- Added support for Mac OS X Sierra (10.12)
- Added localization for German and Spanish
Mac Client 4.1.0
Bug fixes and enhancements to enable future Syncplicity platform features.
Mac Client 4.0.0
This is a major “4.0” release for Syncplicity! Internal changes in this release have been planned for several years, and set the stage for some great features we will be rolling out later this year. Companies can deploy a mix of old desktop clients with new desktop clients (on different computers, of course!), but there are plenty of changes to enjoy, and good reasons to upgrade.
- Recently-changed files will download first. Even if you are downloading a huge folder for the first time, Syncplicity will retrieve the most-recent files first, including changes made in a different sync folder while you’re in the middle of a sync. This is a huge improvement that will help you get your current and most important files quickly.
- Empty folders now sync, to help project teams set up folder structures before adding data. Create all the empty folders you want, and we’ll happily sync them!
- File and folder exclusions are handled more smoothly. If you re-include a folder or an entire file type that you had previously excluded, Syncplicity will start syncing those files again.
- The desktop client has improved handling of interruptions and corrupt files.
- We have made other improvements to the way downloads work, including:
- Deleting or updating a file while downloading a version of the same file works more smoothly and quickly
- Improved user experience and user feedback when downloading files
- Fewer pauses during downloading
- Major improvement to reporting sync status
- Faster downloads and uploads
- Less CPU intensive for most sync cases
- We have added high-resolution “Retina display” menu icons on the Mac. So smooth! So easy on the eyes!
- Known Issues:
- The first time you launch the 4.x desktop client, the application will spend some extra time preparing to sync. For a huge amount of files or a slow computer, this could take several minutes. This is not a bug: the application is looking across your existing sync folders to make sure there are no problems.
- After installing the 4.x client on a computer, downgrading to an older 3.x client on the same computer is not recommended, and may require a very long initial sync.
- As with previous releases: if you also use other products that have file overlays on the Mac, such as Dropbox or Google Drive, you may need to reboot your Mac after installing the update, so that the Finder will load all of the Finder extensions properly. This is an Apple issue
Mac Client 3.5.24
- Sync dialogs now list folder sizes and graphically display whether the folders will fit on your computer.
- Security enhancement: user permissions for folders that you download are set so that only you can view or edit your Syncplicity files and folders. If you later change the permissions for any sync folder on your computer, Syncplicity will not change that folder.
- Bug fixes
Mac Client 3.5.21
Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11.x) bug fixes:
- Context menu ("right-click" or "control-click") includes Syncplicity options to remove, exclude and share files and folders
- Finder icons display the status of files while syncing (Mac OS Yosemite 10.10 and later)
- Use the "Share with Syncplicity" Finder plugin to add new content to Syncplicity:
Right-click > Share > Share with Syncplicity…
Other improvements include:
- TLS 1.2 support
- Bug fixes and stability improvements
- If you have other apps that also show Finder icon overlays (such as Google Drive), Syncplicity overlays might not display after you quit Syncplicity and re-launch it, or after you upgrade to a new version of the Syncplicity app. This appears to be an Apple bug, as it can affect other products as well. If you see this problem, simply log out of your Mac and log back in, or restart your Mac. If the problem occurs only when you have Google Drive, you can quit Google Drive or go to Google Drive and uncheck Preferences > Advanced > Show file sync status icons and right click menu.