The following lists recent updates to the Syncplicity Outlook Add-in for Office 365.
This add-in is available for free from the Microsoft Office Add-ins Store rather than through a download from Syncplicity. This universal add-in offers most of the functionality of the Outlook Add-in for Windows, while supporting a wider range of devices and operating systems.
You may also want to take a look at:
Outlook Add-in for Office 365 v10.1.1
- Syncplicity Outlook Add-In for Office 365 now supports Outlook 2016 for Mac.
- Improvements related to emailing shared link(s):
- When sending an email, shared link(s) are now inserted at the top of the email body.
- When replying to, or forwarding, an email thread, shared link(s) are now inserted at the top of the email thread.
- Users now have the ability to multi-select files from "Attach files using Syncplicity" option and add them as shared links at the same time.
- Bug fixes, including:
- Fixed an issue where Outlook prompts the user that an attachment is not included, even though they have added a Syncplicity shared link. The Outlook Add-In for Office 365 now adds a small Syncplicity.txt file attachment that prevents the unexpected prompt. This small file includes text explaining why it is attached.
- Fixed issue where Outlook web interface incorrectly displayed shared link when user reads email forwarded to them using the Outlook Add-In for Office 365.
Outlook Add-in for Office 365 v10.1.0
- Added support for accessing SyncDrive folders from Outlook Add-in for Office 365.
- Added support for PrivacyRegions.
- Bug fixes.
Outlook Add-in for Office 365 v10.0.0
- Initial release! Add-in is available from the Microsoft Office Add-ins Store.
- This add-in works with all versions of Outlook that fully support the Microsoft Add-in API 1.3 on the desktop or in browsers. Currently that list includes:
- Outlook.office.com or Outlook.com (the OWA browser app) running on:
- Microsoft Edge on Windows
- Chrome on PC/Mac/Windows
- Windows x86 and x64 desktops
- Safari on Mac
- Safari on iPad
- Chrome on Android Tablets
- Tablets such as Surface Pro
- Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016 desktop applications for Windows
- New devices, software and platforms will be supported when enabled by Microsoft
- Known Issues:
- Add-in does not fully support the older mobile standalone apps OWA for iPad, OWA for iPhone, OWA for Android (Beta). On mobile devices we currently recommend using Outlook through a browser to use the Add-in.
- Microsoft does not currently support accessing this add-in on a phone. When that limitation is fixed, the add-in will automatically become accessible on iPhone, Android and Windows mobile phones.
- There are some Microsoft limitations that affect visual results when adding attachments to Calendar events. Functionality of the attachment link is not affected.